6 Tips For Traveling During The Holidays
No matter where you’re heading this holiday season, you need to be prepared for some chaos and stress. It seems like everyone needs to travel somewhere for the holidays, resulting in traffic, long lines at the airport, and cramped busses and trains. Don’t let these stressful and anxiety-inducing situations get you down this year!
Tips For Holiday Travel
Below are 6 tips on how to survive holiday traveling without having a massive holiday meltdown:
- Do research beforehand – When driving to your destination, make sure you know about any expected traffic jams, and have alternate routes mapped out just in case. In addition, it’s smart to know where the rest stops are, just to be safe. When flying, know your airline’s restrictions beforehand to pack appropriately.
- Take advantage of travel apps – There are apps that can alert to flight status changes, updates on any delays, and can help you manage your baggage numbers. Other apps will estimate how long you can expect to spend in security, help you find the cheapest gas stations and the cleanest rest stops on the road.
- Avoid over-packing – If you can, try to avoid checking any bags. This will prevent you from waiting for your luggage or risking anything getting lost. If you do need to check any luggage, make sure to carry important documents or medications in your carry on bag, just in case your luggage gets lost.
- Pack snacks – It’s important to stay fueled up and energized when travelling. If you get hungry and frustrated, you may end up taking a wrong turn or standing in the wrong line. Airport food can be pricey, so this is also a great way to save a few bucks.
- Take earlier flights – Planes traveling earlier in the day tend to more on time. In addition, if the flight is cancelled, it will be easier to find a flight later in the day. Same goes for road trips. By leaving early, you can avoid traffic.
- Plan for the unexpected – Make sure you leave extra time between connections, pack snow tires for snowy weather, and make sure you have provisions in case the car breaks down or you get stranded. Better safe than sorry!
Here at Great Outdoors Pediatric Dentistry, it’s important to us that you travel safely and smartly this holiday season!
To make an appointment, please contact our Dover, New Hampshire pediatric dental office!