6 Fun Ways to Fill Easter Baskets (That Don’t Include Candy!)
The Easter Bunny is a fun and exciting way to ring in the spring season! Many kids anxiously await decorating and then hunting for the brightly colored Easter eggs. Another Easter staple is candy – chocolate bunnies, marshmallow Peeps, jelly beans, etc. But even though dumping candy in an Easter basket is an easy way to fill it, it’s certainly not the only way to fill it!
What Are Some Alternatives to Easter Candy?
In order to avoid the Easter tradition of mouth pain and tooth decay, we’ve provided you with a list of other things to put in your child’s basket instead of the sugary sweet candy:
- 1.Dental Hygiene Treats – It’s easy to make brushing more exciting for your kids! By adding a toothbrush with their favorite Disney princess r superhero to their Easter basket, you can make dental hygiene less of a chore!
- 2.Stuffed Animals – You can find all kinds of different stuffed animals during Easter time! You can get Easter themed animals such as bunnies and chicks, or just a classic teddy bear. Either way, your child will love cuddling a new friend!
- 3.A New Movie or Book – Many Easter themed books and movies pop up around springtime, and we’re sure your child would love any of them! However, a classic childhood movie or book will work just as well as an Easter themed one.
- 4.Cuddly Blankets – Springtime still brings a chill in the air every once in a while. This is why a soft, snuggly blanket can be a great Easter basket item.
- 5.Outdoors Activities – Your kids will likely be spending more time outdoors now that spring has arrived! Slip a frisbee, some sidewalk chalk, or other outdoor activities into their Easter baskets!
- 6.Puzzles or Games – By adding card games, board games, or puzzles to your child’s Easter basket, you’re also providing fun for the whole family! In fact, adding a new game every year at Easter can be a fun family tradition for you to begin!
No matter how you celebrate the holiday, we here at Great Outdoors Pediatric Dentistry want you to have a safe and healthy Easter! And if you do decide to fill baskets with candy, please be sure to make an appointment for a post-Easter cleaning at our Dover, NH office!